how to live, travel and explore the world from your van

VANABODE Forum

Author   Comment  
tangledtree

I'm starting out on my first trek this summer, and I'm doing it in my 2011 Nissan Cube. I'm reaching out to others who might be attempting a similar abode. I would like to share ideas for how you use your car home
jasonodom

Jason Odom
You may find the question and answer section of this page helpful. There are a few topics discussing smaller than normal Vanabode vehicle choices - See Travel Camping Questions - Whatever you do, I suggest you give the most thought to a comfortable sleeping arrangement. Without this first one of the five Essentials of a Great Life detailed in the book, nothing will be fun.

Agreed!  Limited headroom and just barely enough leg room for my 5ft 3in frame.  I bought 3 outside lounge chair pads and they fit perfectly in the space.  I tied them to each other using the ties that were on each one for attaching them to a chair.  I can fold them accordion style to get them out of the way, and I think I can use them in my tent, if the occasion calls for it.   It will be tight, I agree but buying a van is not in the cards for me right now.   At least it is pretty, and being an art teacher, pretty is important to my comfort.  [smile]  I plan to try it out in my driveway and later on do a dry run at the local Walmart and a nearby state park.   0228161308 (1) (2).jpg 
jasonodom

Jason Odom
GREAT break in strategy! Nice color too on the cushions....I know about the ART angle as I used to earn a living primarily as an illustrator and you can see some of my old work here - Jason Odom art

That's cool Jason, I've thought about bringing some very basic materials with me and selling art on the go.

My brother (who is an over the road truck driver) spied another person like me who is living in her Nissan Cube. He took a picture. He says she removed her back seat. I May do the same
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

click to buy Vanabode which shows you how to happily live, travel and camp in your van forever on $20 a day

Home     Contact Us     Copyright © 2007-2011      Privacy Policy      Terms and Conditions      Media Press      Affiliate