how to live, travel and explore the world from your van

VANABODE Forum

Author   Comment  
tangledtree

I have a smart phone and a laptop that I plan to take on my adventure.  I plan to keep in contact with family and friends (and of course the Vanabode boards) and do research while on my trip.  I've been wondering though, about getting a tablet and leaving my laptop at home.  Does anyone have any opinion about using a tablet instead of a laptop?
ddhort

I think the one issue of comparing the two is battery run time.  If you have ready access to be able to recharge the laptop then I go for that as the laptop is more powerful in all ways.
jasonodom

Jason Odom
One of the keys here is THEFT. I show you how to secure the laptop in the book, but a tablet might have to be hidden some other way or taken with you everywhere you go. Might be good if you can hack that, or put nothing critical on it so if it is stolen you just lose a $100 tablet.
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

click to buy Vanabode which shows you how to happily live, travel and camp in your van forever on $20 a day

Home     Contact Us     Copyright © 2007-2011      Privacy Policy      Terms and Conditions      Media Press      Affiliate